chakkali Recipe

It's been too long I visited my blog... no apologies but will share a quick and tastiest recipes to cover the time ;)

The season now is cold and cloudy.. laid back in couch with munching hot snacks with beautiful aromatic strong filter coffee sipping with your family is a perfect time.

This is a month of Ashada masa, time to visit Mom's place.
It was a day off from work and the call from mom about her visit made my day :)
So my MIL and me planned a quick snack and lunch planned for them.

MIL is an expert cook :) she gave an idea of preparing chakkali to send it along with me to my mom's place.

I was surprised for the time it took to prepare that and also the ingredients used are very less.
And no compromise in taste and crispier chakkali was ready in no time..

I would like to share that recipe with you guys and cent percent all will fall in love with that quick snack.

CHAKKALI

Ingredients Required:

Urad Dhal - 50 grams
Green gram - 50 grams
Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoons
White Til - 2 teaspoons
Red chilly powder - 2 teaspoon
Rice Flour - 3 Cups
Water - 3 Glass
Cooking Oil - 1/4 liter
Salt to taste

How to Prepare:

  • In an pressure cooker, add a table spoon of oil and heat it.
  • Then add both the dhals together and add 3 glasses of water pressure cook up to 3 whistles.
  • Mean time In a heavy bottom pan add 1 table spoon oil and warm the rice flour for 10 minutes by continuous stirring.
  • Add salt, cumin seeds, chilly powder, til to boiled dhal and add the rice flour.
  • Knead well till it's smooth
  • In kadai deep fry the chakkalis by giving it a round spiral shape.(Use chakkali oralu)




Comments

Popular Posts